Unfortunately Messaging Has StoppedSupport

Last Updated:

1. Becky_x

Becky_x Well-Known Member

For the past 24 hours I've been trying to solve my draining battery problem, I've fixed it but I'm worried I might have accidentally removed something important along the way.

I just got a text message but the text program wouldn't open to read it, went black and said 'unfortunately messaging has stopped working'.

I've downloaded a replacement from the play store but I don't like it and would rather the original one back if possible, with a factory reset being the last resort as I've changed a fair few things looking for a battery fix and would rather not have to go through everything again.

Anyone know how to fix it please?

Advertisement
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

If youve disabled any system apps, go to Application Manager, ALL, then look at the bottom of the list for disabled apps :thumbup:
    Becky_x likes this.
  3. Becky_x

Thank you!

I didn't think I'd disabled anything I'd need but I must have got a bit tap-happy!

EDIT: Actually, I get a black screen and the same message pops up very briefly after deleting a message...

EDIT 2: Scrap that, I enabled a few more things that looked important and I can delete fine now lol It's never simple for me!
  4. funkylogik

Lol. As a general rule, only disable apps that are visible in app drawer. Even if u use an sms app from play store, disabling the Messaging app can stop u receiving txts :thumbup:
  5. Becky_x

Makes sense, I just get so paranoid that I'm clogging up my phone with rubbish, not helped by the fact that it comes pre packed with loads of unused things anyway. And trying to find the culprit for the battery problem I just end up disabling things I don't recognise lol
  6. funkylogik

Yeah you should disable all the carrier crap and the S- apps if u dont use em :)
    Maybe someone has a link to a list of whats safe to disable on the carrier version youre on?
  7. Becky_x

I've been through soo many posts of people saying what they've disabled and there's so much stuff I don't use I just went and did my own thing lol Though I did disable all the Samsung stuff and also removed the SD card which when my phone is just sat next to me I only lose 1% an hour instead of around 5% or more which is how it should be.
  8. funkylogik

So having an SD in is hammering your battery?
    Lol at least u only disabled things u didnt understand. A couple years ago i rooted and got a bit uninstall-happy. I couldnt even remember what id uninstalled to get help lol. Had to re-flash the phone :)
  9. Becky_x

Well on my searches of the internets last night I saw someone say the same thing. I had just charged my phone and an hour later it was down 5%, left it again and went to sleep. 12 hours later it was at 48%. Took out the SD card and then over the course of 9 hours today it had gone from 39% to 30% can you believe it!

So I'm charging it now to see how much it decreases overnight now I've taken the card out.

I'd never have a go at rooting or anything, I know my luck, the phone would probably blow up in my hand lol!
  10. funkylogik

Lol :)
    I havnt heard of SD card eatin up battery while not doin anythin. Did the other person have the same kind of SD?
  11. Becky_x

Not sure, I also read people advising not to use cheap SD cards either, I don't think mine was a cheap brand it was only a 4GB Sandisk one but Sandisk is all I've ever used for storage cards for anything (cameras and such like). I'm not bothered like I only had some pictures and short videos on there but it's a 16GB phone I'm sure I can store a few pictures on there instead lol
  12. zusamna

zusamna New Member

Thank you so much, this is the best forum. I got a message that I was out of space, so I disabled many applications. One of them had to do with messaging, but I didn't make the connection. Fixed! thank you.

I'm not sure which of the disabled apps stopped messaging, but I'll pay attention next time I disable something.

I have another issue, I am out of space because the phone has 2.05gb and it was almost full.

I took the little SD card out of my old Samsung non-android and put it into the Samsung Galaxy. But nothing is on it, and after some amount of time of fiddling around with it, I have no idea how to get data onto the card. It has 3.69GB Total Space and 3.54GB Available Space on it.

What am I missing here? :confused:
    Phases likes this.
  13. Becky_x

Do you have things set up so when you save them it goes to the card and not the phone? I know you can do it in camera settings but not sure if the storage option in settings works to as I don't have a card in to try
  14. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member