• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped

Becky_x

Mar 15, 2013
For the past 24 hours I've been trying to solve my draining battery problem, I've fixed it but I'm worried I might have accidentally removed something important along the way.

I just got a text message but the text program wouldn't open to read it, went black and said 'unfortunately messaging has stopped working'.

I've downloaded a replacement from the play store but I don't like it and would rather the original one back if possible, with a factory reset being the last resort as I've changed a fair few things looking for a battery fix and would rather not have to go through everything again.

Anyone know how to fix it please?

Thank you!

I didn't think I'd disabled anything I'd need but I must have got a bit tap-happy!

EDIT: Actually, I get a black screen and the same message pops up very briefly after deleting a message...

EDIT 2: Scrap that, I enabled a few more things that looked important and I can delete fine now lol It's never simple for me!

Upvote 0
I've been through soo many posts of people saying what they've disabled and there's so much stuff I don't use I just went and did my own thing lol Though I did disable all the Samsung stuff and also removed the SD card which when my phone is just sat next to me I only lose 1% an hour instead of around 5% or more which is how it should be.

Upvote 0
Well on my searches of the internets last night I saw someone say the same thing. I had just charged my phone and an hour later it was down 5%, left it again and went to sleep. 12 hours later it was at 48%. Took out the SD card and then over the course of 9 hours today it had gone from 39% to 30% can you believe it!

So I'm charging it now to see how much it decreases overnight now I've taken the card out.

I'd never have a go at rooting or anything, I know my luck, the phone would probably blow up in my hand lol!

Upvote 0
Not sure, I also read people advising not to use cheap SD cards either, I don't think mine was a cheap brand it was only a 4GB Sandisk one but Sandisk is all I've ever used for storage cards for anything (cameras and such like). I'm not bothered like I only had some pictures and short videos on there but it's a 16GB phone I'm sure I can store a few pictures on there instead lol

Upvote 0
Thank you so much, this is the best forum. I got a message that I was out of space, so I disabled many applications. One of them had to do with messaging, but I didn't make the connection. Fixed! thank you.

I'm not sure which of the disabled apps stopped messaging, but I'll pay attention next time I disable something.

I have another issue, I am out of space because the phone has 2.05gb and it was almost full.

I took the little SD card out of my old Samsung non-android and put it into the Samsung Galaxy. But nothing is on it, and after some amount of time of fiddling around with it, I have no idea how to get data onto the card. It has 3.69GB Total Space and 3.54GB Available Space on it.

What am I missing here? :thinking:

Reactions: Phases
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones