• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard has stopped" error

I've seen a lot of threads on this error where people just say to clear the cache or factory reset the phone. I did both on my old Galaxy to no avail *for a permanent solution* and just got a replacement phone in the mail yesterday and it's doing the same thing already (*at least* once a day). Is there going to be an update with a permanent fix (seriously I'm not clearing the cache every time this happens that's absurd) or should I be demanding an Iphone? (Shivers at the thought of an Apple product...but if "the best non-Apple on the market" cant browse the web without crashing I'm at a loss)

Either that or maybe another app youre using is causin it to crash. Does it crash in the background, like you get the error message while not even usin the keyboard? Do you have other keyboards installed? Im just grasping at straws tbh because i dont use the stock keyboard but somethings making it crash :thumbup:

I have not installed any apps on the phone. And no it crashes while I'm using it not in the background. Usually it's when I'm typing on a webpage but it's happened on texts before too. Who should I contact about this?

Upvote 0
Unless youre slightly tech savvy, probably just take it to your carrier or a samsung repair center and ask them to reflash the firmware mate. You could do it yourself though and save a lot of hasstle. I think that would fix it but i dont get how its happened on two devices :thinking: whats the odds of that??

When I insisted on the replacement the first time they told me it's a "known problem with the phone" and that there would be a good chance it would happen on the new phone too until Samsung releases a new update (I wanted a new phone still because it had had other problems with charging). I don't think getting a new one or repair will fix the glitch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones