• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unfriendly Cliq sound volume controls

hobyvh

Lurker
Jul 21, 2010
The volume controls for the Cliq (and possibly other Android phones) needs to be made more friendly.

Currently the only way I can change the volume for Media Playback and In-call Sound is by pressing the volume up and down buttons on the side of the phone WHILE THOSE EVENTS ARE HAPPENING and while the phone is not against my ear. If I press them any other time, it only changes the Ring Volume. If I press them during a call while it's against my ear, nothing happens.

The option should be available for us to be able to change ALL THREE modes of sound volume AT ANY TIME. Let us hold the volume button to bring up an on-screen set of three sliders, or allow us to map that function to the useless camera button on the opposite bottom corner.

Also the volume levels are not mapped to whether the headphone jack is in use or not. This is also bad. The phone should remember the last volume setting of each state and change the volume accordingly.

The volume controls for the Cliq (and possibly other Android phones) needs to be made more friendly.

Currently the only way I can change the volume for Media Playback and In-call Sound is by pressing the volume up and down buttons on the side of the phone WHILE THOSE EVENTS ARE HAPPENING and while the phone is not against my ear. If I press them any other time, it only changes the Ring Volume. If I press them during a call while it's against my ear, nothing happens.

The option should be available for us to be able to change ALL THREE modes of sound volume AT ANY TIME. Let us hold the volume button to bring up an on-screen set of three sliders, or allow us to map that function to the useless camera button on the opposite bottom corner.

Also the volume levels are not mapped to whether the headphone jack is in use or not. This is also bad. The phone should remember the last volume setting of each state and change the volume accordingly.

I agree. What's worse, is that when I'm playing Zenonia the volume key controls the ringer instead of media! Apparently it's a bug with either the game or the phone that it doesn't know which volume to control.

I'd much rather have a single volume for the ringer, notifications and media.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones