• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unified Remote App

muab

Android Enthusiast
May 22, 2010
Anyone using Unified Remote?

I have it on my Droid and the "server" portion on my laptop and I must say it is incredibly nifty.

What I am finding intriguing is the explorer portion of it where I can sift through my computer files. I cannot view or open anything *on my phone* but I can, for instance, browse through my picture file and open a jpg on my laptop screen.

It just seems like since I can view the files, I can mouse and keyboard, etc... That I should be able to receive or view data on my phone....

Is there another App that adds that functionality?

Anyway, it really is a cool App. I realize I am trying to color outside the lines with it.

I have looked at a few of the remote desktop programs. Is there one of the free ones that you might recommend?

I just want something that I can utilize here in my home network--not 3G.

Thanks for your input

Search for remote desktop in the Market and read some comments. It is always good to read comments and try the apps that have mostly good comments.

The one I see looks good is Wyse Pocket Cloud, but as I said, search the MArket and choose one suiting your needs. You might need to try a few to find the perfect one.

Reactions: muab
Upvote 0
Muab, i downloaded the Unified Remote app yesterday from the market, and have downloaded the PC software V2 Beta. I have matched my IP address and host address but i just cant get it to work! Did you have any problems getting it to work when you downloaded it? Ive tried and tried over and over again but i just cant get it to function.

This app is perfect for me and would be very useful day-to-day if i could just get it to work.

Can you suggest anything i might be missing?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I was looking to get an android app to use my phone as a remote control to my PC.

I looked at this one a while back. It was good. I ultimately settled with EventGhost. Simple reason.....sending commands is MUCH more convenient. It lets you place shortcuts on your phone's homescreen to perform actions on your PC. No app opening required....and all its controls are customizable. You decide what action you want to send to what application on your PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones