• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Uninstall and re-install usb driver (dumb down...)

Jen_1

Lurker
Nov 17, 2012
Hi Guys,

New to the forum thing ... was hoping someone could tell me how I can uninstall the current Samsung galaxy s3 driver from my computer and then reinstall it? I have a Hp laptop with windows 7 64bit

My Problem:

3months ago: Attached Samsung S3 to laptop , ran through the usual windows automatic driver install thing, Samsung usb connection worked fine , was able to use in "media device" mode and dump things on/off using it as a hard disk.

Last month: When ever I attach my phone to my computer , the fone doesn't recognise its connected to the computer ( doesn't give me the option on which mode i want to select and if I go into the connectivity menu in my fone it doesn't recognise its connected via usb) But it still charges off the usb port on my laptop, also in my computers device manager it doesn't recognise any unknown devices connected to the computer via usb or give me any pop up warning ... To try and isolate the problem I connected my fone to a friends computer and all worked fine ( was able to use it as a media device ). Additionally with my computer I tried to connect my Desire HD and it didn't recognise that either....

sounds like an issue with you computer in general rather than the galaxy driver if its the same with other devices so i doubt uninstalling the driver will help

what does it show as in devuce manager? yellow triangle? tried other ports / cables?

windows system restore points are always useful for when windows update breaks things (which is often) at work, we're always fixing driver issues due to windows update. i only update my personal machines with a service pack or if there is a fix to a specific vulnerability that is dangerous. otherwise, i leave update turned off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones