uninstall apps = Available memory stays the sameSupport

Last Updated:

1. jaunvie

jaunvie New Member This Topic's Starter

When I uninstall apps. (I've tried both the settings menu and the app market) my available memory stays the same. I can't seem to get any more memory. Are the apps somehow staying on there? It doesn't show them at all, or is it a glitch in the phone?

I running the original OS.

Advertisement
    Andima likes this.
  2. jasonamd

jasonamd Well-Known Member

Most of the apps are relatively small in size...usually in the low kb range. Since the Moment reports space in MB, uninstalling apps that only use a few kb isn't going to change the space it reports.

3. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Well-Known Member

"Memory" refers to RAM. The only thing that will free up RAM is closing running programs.

Uninstalling programs will free up the internal flash storage space, but won't do anything to free up RAM unless that particular program happened to be running at the time it was uninstalled (causing it to be exited, of course).

-SF

4. jasonamd

jasonamd Well-Known Member

"Memory" can also refer to the internal storage space on the phone...so it depends on exactly what the original post was referring to as to what the correct answer is.

5. jaunvie

jaunvie New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies. I was talking about the internal storage. Everytime I download a program the available memory goes down, but when I uninstall the same program, the available memory stays the same.

6. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

I had this problem back in November I did a hard reset and haven't had the problem since.

7. toefer

toefer Well-Known Member

I noticed this too. Restarting the phone will solve the problem.