• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Uninstall apps on htc desire hd

Cheers. It would be really disappointing if this doesnt work for you, but can't understand why it wouldnt.

You did do the "Problems?" download busybox bit didnt you?

Yeah mate. I uninstalled both programs as well and reinstalled them, still the same.
What about if I do a factory reset and just install these two and see how I go?
I think that's one for tomorrow as I have to get up early.
Thanks for your help mate, I'll update it tomorrow if it works.

Upvote 0
It may just be that it won't work. The desire hd is newer than the desire. Maybe its got different security?!

If this is the case I'm sorry for wasting your time. Perm root may be the only way

I just did a perm' root as it was easier than doing a hardrest and losing all my settings as I haven't backed any thing up yet.
Works fine now.
Thanks for your help mate.;)

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
easy.

Edit*** 2.2 update 1 (1.72 roms) are not rootable as of 04 Feb 2011, so this will not work.

1) Download visionary app here:

19/Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root - Android @ MoDaCo

2) Download titanium backup from the market

3) Open Visionary and apply "Temp root". This gives you root until you reboot**

**Does not void warranty like perm rooting

4) Run Titanium, Press "problems?" and download busy box

5) Click the "backup / restore" Tab, locate the app to delete, click it and uninstall it.

Hi,

I tried doing this. The funny thing was that it all went well when i went ahead to delete the "stock" apps that came with the phone (i.e. News, Sports, Games, Stocks, Music... pretty much stuff that just connects to the net when you run the app). Anyhow... as soon as i rebooted the phone, all of them came back :(. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones