1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Uninstall apps: why?

Last Updated:

1. -Ollie-

-Ollie- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I see a few "uninstall apps" on the market and I am wondering why there are such applications.
    Uninstalling an app from the phone is not that complicated and it is quite fast.
    Maybe my question is silly but I am very new to Android. I know that Windows for example does not uninstall programs properly, and one needs often a third party program to really make a clean uninstall.
    Is that the same with Android, or do these apps just make it faster to uninstall an app (with the same result that one will get with a "uninstall" process through the apps manager)?

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I'm with you, I can't see the point of installing an app that uninstalls apps - especially when it's so easy to do. There are two (that I can think of) ways to uninstall apps from you phone, neither one of them is hard to do.

3. Yenzehn

Yenzehn Well-Known Member

Well, the market app does not order alphabetically, and has no option to order by size either - it is also limited to apps downloaded from the market rather than from third parties.

To be honest, I have found myself using the astro app manager since I already had astro installed and the above mentioned abilities come in handy at times.

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I use Titanium Backup to uninstall apps. Why? Because I first back them up, and their associated data. Should I choose to reinstall the app, I can just restore the data (settings, etc...) almost instantly.

As for other "uninstall apps" on the Market, they make uninstalling just a tad quicker/easier. I've experimented with a couple of them, but eventually have uninstalled them ... probably because I use TiBu to accomplish this.