Uninstall CHATonSupport

1. Sarah99

Sarah99 New Member

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall CHATon please......it came installed on my Galaxy Ace 2 and every time I switch my phone on it asks to update so don't need the extra cost while abroad and doubt I will ever use it so be good to get rid.
    Many thanks
    Sarah

Advertisement
    :
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

If it came preloaded and it's a system app, the only way to uninstall that app is to root your device and use an app similar to Titanium backup to uninstall. Otherwise, you might have to wait or hope this phone gets upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich. While ICS can't uninstall the app, it can be disabled so you won't get notifications for updates nor will it run in the background.
    Pertusaria and Sarah99 like this.
  3. Sarah99

Sarah99 New Member

Thank you very much for your reply.
  4. Pertusaria

Pertusaria Member

I'm now officially looking forward to the upgrade - it will be very nice to be able to take apps I never use off the software update list.
  5. diliprtc

diliprtc New Member

How to uninstall chatON please
  6. DSSmobile

DSSmobile Active Member

Ace 2 will bypass ICS and go direct to Jellybean!!!!
  7. DSSmobile

DSSmobile Active Member

You can't as above unless you root the phone or be patient and wait for JB
  8. CVL

CVL Well-Known Member

Like with most of the default apps I have also force closed the chaton app and cleared data and cache - in that way the update notification doesn't continuously pop up any longer and I will now have to manually install updates for the default app(s) I can't remove and wasn't interested in to begin with.
  9. gavanid

gavanid Member

You need to root and use link2sd
    You can then uninstall loads of rubbish like chaton
    If you don't want to root then its a waiting game
    If your'e in wifi hotspots turn of data mode

:)
  10. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

Like to remove another app, the one that is just aptly name TALK.