• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Uninstall dialer/messenger without getting gapps crash.

bg4m3r

Android Expert
Nov 1, 2013
Hi guys...I have a quick question which I didn't see when doing a quick search. Simply put, the NOOKcolor doesn't have the capability to make phone calls or do texting by traditional cellular means so I want to remove the dialer, messenger, and related storage and sync apps without ending up with constant gapps crashes, which is what has happened anytime I've attempted this in the past. How would I go about resolving this? What other things need to be removed? I've tried wiping dalvik and cache and clearing data for Play services and Network services and I still get gapps crashes, which I assume means that something hasn't gotten the message that these apps are gone and is still trying to interact with them. I am running MROM 7. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones