• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

uninstall facebook on my android phone, how do i get it back?

oneill337

Lurker
Mar 3, 2012
I was having problems updating my facebook app and stupidly uninstalled it to see if reinstalling it would help but i don't seem to be able to. all i get is needs manual update, does anyone no what this means or what i can do to get it back? i still have the facebook preset app but it won't open!! :thinking: can anyone help?

No worries about the rooting thing, it's a level of customizing that you didn't do, and that may simplify the fix.

I'm not a Facebook user but I can try to pitch in until someone more knowledgeable than I can pitch in.

So was this a Facebook that came with, or you added? Because I am seeing in your first post that you uninstalled one but still have one. (Sorry if I am reading that wrong.)

And welcome to the forums!

Upvote 0
all i get is needs manual update, does anyone no what this means or what i can do to get it back?

If this is what it says in the Market, then you still have it installed. That just means that the permissions on the app have changed, and you need to accept them in order to install the update.

Click on the facebook app in the market.
Click the update button and you should be prompted to accept the permissions.

The Market makes you manually accept updates where permission's change to protect you from an app that you may install with no permissions autoupdating itself with access to everything.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: EarlyMon and Rush
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones