Uninstall problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. batuj

batuj Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

As you may all know Desire has nearly 150mb internal memory for applications so I'm doing my best to use it wisely,

My problem occured when I start to install and uninstall many applications just for testing. I've seen that every installed and uninstalled application leaves some files that fills up this 150mb.

At my phone I had, CoPilot live + Several games + Google Earth. Now I've none and but when I try to install CoPilot or Google Earth I'm facing the fact that there is no space left.

I think applications might be leaving installer file behind when applications installed through HTC Sync, this might be the only logical reason.

Has anyone faced this kind of problem, or is there any known bug of Desire (or android maybe? ) ?

Thanks!!

P.S: I tried restarting the phone.

Advertisement
  2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

I suspect the files you are seeing are on the sd card rather than the internal memory. I've noticed this when I use Astro and there are folders and files on there related to apps I have uninstalled. Space is not such an issue on the sd card but I suppose you could delete them manually if you want to.

3. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

if you install from the market place, the app is installed and the apk file is removed automatically when its decompressed.

if you install from another source, for example an apk that you have copied to the sd card, the apk file remains after the installation, so that you can use it again if you need to.

when you uninstall an app using application manager, it should not leave anything behind on the phone, it may leave a folder on the sd card if it had to create one for any files it uses.

Are you looking at the remaining space left on your phone through a widget or third party app of some kind, or through the settings menu?

If you shut down and reboot the phone, I have found the displayed value may go up, as sometimes this value seems to be innacurate and slow to update. so you may have more space than is being shown.

If this doesnt solve it, use a program like astro or estrong to browse the phone and see if there are any files that you recognise but know arent required anymore on the phone. BE CAREFUL NOT TO DELETE SYSTEM FILES OR ANYTHING VITAL.

4. batuj

batuj Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Yep I'll explore the phone for apk files but it's weird. Also I'm not talking about sd card.

Even though I've installed 30mbs of application now I've 90mb left on my phone, it's not a cache issue that can be cleaned from application menu, I deleted cache of every application.

I really wonder wher my 30mb has gone up to now...