• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Uninstall safestrap/eclipse - go to stock

dhworph

Android Enthusiast
Dec 21, 2011
I have a droid bionic that I rooted and installed safestrap and eclipse (I think 2.1, a pre-ICS version). I'd like to get it back to stock and update it to the stock ICS OEM rom.

I saw this thread, but I couldn't find "pathsaver" in the all things root guide.

Any hints are appreciated... links to threads, short lists of instructions, etc...

:)

just an update. I tried the OTA about 4 times and it never took... I unrooted, uninstalled safestrap, edited the logwrapper.bin, etc... the RSDLite method worked like a charm, and very fast. All the apps were restored form google backup. (btw... RSDLite never said it was finished, but it was obviousely done when the phone booted up and all was good.) I never did a factory data reset either, and everything is working fine.

Phone seems much better with ICS, data connection seems more stable.

Thanks!

p.s.: also rerooted using razr's edge one click tool; worked like a charm.

Upvote 0
OK, so I have made a mistake. I was using RSDLite to flash everything back and it was failing at first and I looked at my phone and it said battery low. I can only guess that I didn't pay attention and didn't see the low battery before I went into the fast boot mode. Now I'm stuck in fast boot mode and I'm unsure of what to do? I unplugged my phone when it failed at first for a couple different reasons. One was to swap out the cord because I don't think it was the right one. The other was to battery pull and plug the phone in for a bit to get the battery charged. So am I screwed now or can I still get this thing back to where it needs to be? I hope the answer is that I'm not screwed. Simple stupid mistake and I shouldn't have made it because I've been doing this for awhile now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones