Uninstall Skype Without RootSupport

Last Updated:

1. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Update: never mind, rebooted and it's back somehow. And the update is gone. But it was definitely gone from my app drawer, Market list, and running processes.

weird.

=====
    OP:

Today, there is a new update for Skype, and it says it must be manually updated. I didn't want to update, but when I went to Skype's update page in the Market app, the button to uninstall was NOT greyed out, so I uninstalled it without a problem.

I don't know if this will work for anyone else or if you'll be allowed to uninstall it after the update, but I was pretty sure youcouldn't uninstall before the update so I was just checking.

Advertisement
  2. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

did it say uninstall AFTER you updated it?

mine wouldn't let me after i updated it...and when i did, the uninstall button said "uninstall updates" not the app

3. sail4fun201

I didn't update. I went through and looked at some of the comments and went back to the main page and the uninstall option wasn't greyed out. I hit it and took the usual Market survey after uninstalling apps, and now it's gone :)

4. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Kinda makes me wonder if we can find a way to get the other apps into market, if we can uninstall them without root too.

Update: Skype was never in my market, so either it auto-updated sometime when I wasn't looking, or I just hadn't gotten it yet. Anyways, I tried to force it by downloading it from the market which was basically just the update. So, I uninstalled the update and now "uninstall" is grayed out:(

I will keep looking to see if there is a way to still remove it, and also possibly others, though we really could use some people that know more about this! I'm still relatively new to Android:(

5. DevHead

DevHead Well-Known Member

I see the manual update notice, but my Uninstall button is greyed out. Grrr!

6. sail4fun201

Update: never mind, rebooted and it's back somehow. And the update is gone. But it was definitely gone from my app drawer, Market list, and running processes.

weird.

7. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Yea...none of the ideas I've had to try and get rid of them has worked yet either:(

cervello likes this.
  8. cervello

cervello New Member

I have the same problem and I am looking everywhere to find an answer without rooting my Incredible.