Uninstall vz navigator?General

1. RavenTai

RavenTai Active Member

My droid broke this weekend, have to have a phone so walked in and got an x2,

Rooted with ginger break shortly after for tether, but even when rooted there are some applications that cannot be uninstalled, the button is greyed out, one big one I want rid of is vz navigator

Is there a way?

Advertisement
  2. square

square Well-Known Member

titanium backup to delete or freeze.
  3. Stick1300

Stick1300 Well-Known Member

I froze it (and a lot of other bloatware) with Bloat Freezer.
  4. rankman

rankman Well-Known Member

Yea I froze it too with bloatfreezer.
  5. RavenTai

RavenTai Active Member

Thanks, that got vz navigator and a few others, one problem though, wireless hotspot, it does not show in titanium backup, is it there under another name?
  6. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i hope you froze it and not uninstalled it.
  7. RavenTai

RavenTai Active Member

I uninstalled it, why? Is Vz navigator of any use? I like the stock android navigator just fine and it is free unlike vz navigator. I did back it up before uninstalling.
  8. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

You won't be able to accept an update and it might could cause problems flashing things. Thats why it's always best to freeze. Then you can defrost all apps to accept an update or do any modding then re freeze your apps
  9. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

I freeze the bloat and then "hide" it from my apps list using Launcher Pro's option. Aside form taking up space on the drive, I don't have to think about the bloat.
  10. ilangford

ilangford New Member

here's a simple solution...

settings\applications\manage applications click "all" then find maps and vz nav... then click on "clear defaults" on both apps.
  11. GCracka

GCracka New Member

VZ Navigator isn't very useful compared to the stock i agree with you on that and you have to pay!
  12. wharpig

wharpig Well-Known Member

I uninstalled mine weeks ago....then the market automatically downloaded it again...
  13. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Mine was doing that, except only with the games. Then it stopped. Never quite sure what I did, maybe a setting somewhere.
  14. wharpig

wharpig Well-Known Member

It was annoying, but I just froze it....
  15. rottenpixies

rottenpixies Well-Known Member

Like others have suggested, I use titatinium backup for this type of thing.