Uninstalled App from android market still showsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ilikemyeris

ilikemyeris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i went to the android market (2.1) to uninstall a application & it still shows up.. how do i like clear it from the My Downloads?

-Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

I dont think you can. It goes away on its own after awhile. Wait, In your my downloads section, next to the app does it say install, or free?

3. ilikemyeris

ilikemyeris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It says Free,

4. AlanJames1987

AlanJames1987 Member

I noticed this with the Facebook app which is built into the system. I think its telling me that there is an update for it that I can install or uninstall. If I uninstall

5. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

Then its not on your phone, its just in your download list... Think of it as like a history page. It goes away after a little while, just be patient. It does that because if you do a hard reset on your phone you dont have to go through and search for every app you had installed, they stay in that list for a set period of time, making it easier to find apps you had on your phone. Just ignore it, its not hurting anything.

6. Jweb

Jweb Member

So I believe if you go to settings>applications>manage applications>Market and clear the cache it should clear that. Or wait and it should go away after a while.

7. musicandnumbers

musicandnumbers Member

I've cleared the cache, cleared the data, rebooted, tried it all. It's been weeks, and the uninstalled applications are still there.

8. Flyphoenix

Flyphoenix Well-Known Member

Try restarting your phone I had an app like that and I restarted my phone and bam it was gone!

9. musicandnumbers

musicandnumbers Member

Tried it. I have no idea how to get rid of them, and it keeps happening!!

10. laptopfreek0

laptopfreek0 New Member

Got some bad news. When you uninstall and it has free marked next to it, it is uninstalled and your phone no longer has the program or typically any traces left. From there on out it is all server side. You know this because if your format your phone and go back into the market your apps that were installed show up for a few hours. This basically means that you have to wait for Google to clear it from your account. Usually that takes a few hours, or a market close and restart. You have done both of those so looks like those are stuck.

11. pstrg

pstrg Member

Bad news indeed.
    Some apps have similar names and I already have accidentally reinstalled an app I did not like because it showed up on the list as "update available".
    One has to play attention on whether it's a desired update or some app trying to come back.