Uninstalled app still functioning

1. droid_head

droid_head Well-Known Member

Non-rooted

I installed an app called Shoot Me to take screen shots for my mobile web sites.

After the loooooooong awaited Froyo update, the app quit working, so I uninstalled.

However, sometimes when I hit my power buttom, it still takes a screenshot and then my screen stays on, which kills my battery.

Anyone have any advice on how to get this crappy app off my phone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Double P

Double P Active Member

Froyo has the ability to take a screen shot while holding down the back button and hitting the power button. That may be what is happening since lots of people have reported issues with randon screen shots when hitting the power button. There is at least one thread on it somewhere in the forums and it might include a fix.

P
  3. droid_head

Ah, that would explain it. I just tried the back button and pwr button and took a screen shot. However, there is a glitch as the screen capture happens just hitting pwr button sometimes and the screen is stuck.

Thanks for the info.
  4. ggt1_02

ggt1_02 Well-Known Member

The Shoot Me app works on stock and rooted froyo for me, I doubt that the update did any thing to it.

Also just saying not to use someones apps does not help any. One started interwebs rumors and "facts" can be very difficult for to kill, there needs to be a valid reason for a statement like that, as in they are malicious, or drain battery or simply to complex for simple folks to figure out.
  5. droid_head

So that fact that it doesn't work anymore isn't proof enough? Haha
  6. ggt1_02

ggt1_02 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Just sayin'
  7. droid_head