Uninstalled apps not allowing re-installSupport

Last Updated:

1. droid89

droid89 Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 2, 2010
    I have a Motorola Droid with Android 2.01. During the New Year the problems with the Droid Anti-Virus App were causing all kinds of problems and in the process of troubleshooting I uninstalled many apps - including Google-Goggles, Pandora Radio, Barcode Scanner, Ringtones (Mabilo Android Team), Shazam, etc. All uninstalled, none showing in Settings>Applications>Manage Applications.

However, when trying to re-install them in Market, they all show as installed, and when I try to install them, both the "Install" and "Uninstall" buttons are greyed out, leaving me no way to get them back on my Droid.

Anyone have any ideas how to get their phone to recognize in Market that they are actually not installed on the phone, thus allowing them to be re-installed?

I have cycled phone and removed battery. No luck. Can't do anything in settings since they don't show up, and they aren't showing in the apps list that you scroll through on the phone either....

Any ideas?

2. eraymond

eraymond Member

Nov 2, 2009
    I had this issue once. Very annoying, isn't it. I think it happened when I uninstalled from Android Settings instead of uninstalling by the Market.

Best approach is to see if you can find the installer file (.apk) for each app and manually install it (There are several apps that can install .apk files directly). Finding the .apk file on the web may be easy or hard....

Alternately, you can wait until there is an update in the market to the app, and updating it shuld also fix the problem.

One you get the app(s) out of limbo, the Market will be happy.
  3. redoregon

redoregon New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    I used Astro to back up my current apps, then used the settings/privacy to reset the phone to factory mode. A little of a pain to finish re-setting it up, but hey, it cleared the greyed out buttons! Reinstalled the apps with Astro and good to go.