• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Uninstalled Apps

ronjcar

Oct 21, 2009
I don't know how the whole app thing works. I hit market d/l play and delete if I don't like it. When I do this with windows a little bit of each program remains on my computer. Does the same thing happen with apps on my phone? Do I need to reformat my phone every now and then to clean it up like I do my computers?

Ron

No, the Android O/S (Linux) and Windows O/S are NOTHING alike. basically, an app comes in one file ... an ".apk" file. Think of it like a container that holds everything that app needs to work. When you uninstall that app, that .apk file gets removed and it is GONE. Now it might leave behind a stray folder or two on your sdcard, but that's not really hurting anything ... just taking up space.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones