1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Uninstalled Beats Audio Drivers Now No Boot

1. dwh367

dwh367 Active Member

Installed beats audio drivers. Didn't like them and wanted to go back to Volume +. Found an uninstall program for the beats audio and ran it. Now phone won't go past the boot screen. I have CWM installed but no backup to flash. I tried to mount the SD card in CWM so I could copy over a ROM to recover with and get an error message saying "E:Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)." I then tried putting the SD card in a reader on my PC but it's not recognized. I'm guessing that's because it's formatted for Android? Any other ideas before I pack it up and send it back to ZTE?

Advertisement
    :
  2. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

dwh367 likes this.
  3. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

SD card issue?
    dwh367 likes this.
  4. dwh367

dwh367 Active Member

Not that I know of. I can get the phone to see the directories on the SD card, I just can't get can't get it to mount in CWM so I can transfer a ROM over and flash it. PC doesn't see it at all when I put it in a reader.
  5. StarScream2109

Best bet first is to just format the SD card then download a sick ROM our whichever then try adding it to it that doesn't work time fora new SD
  6. dwh367

dwh367 Active Member

7. dwh367

dwh367 Active Member

I tried another SD card and it won't mount or format that one either.
  8. dwh367

dwh367 Active Member

Would wipe-data/factory reset help anything?
  9. StarScream2109

it wouldnt be a bad thing to try :)
  10. dwh367

dwh367 Active Member

11. StarScream2109

Thats is really wierd
  12. dollardagreat

dollardagreat Well-Known Member

dwh367 likes this.
  13. downthemachine

Wait, are you going to mounts and storage and mounting the SD or just install zip?
  14. dwh367

dwh367 Active Member

Usually the closest I ever come to a brainstorm is a light drizzle but I had an exception occur earlier today. I put the file on my wife's phone and then took her SD card and put in mine. I then booted into CWM, found the file, flashed it and now I'm up and running again. Many thanks to those who tried to help. It was greatly appreciated.
  15. downthemachine

I just formatted my card in windows xp and had the same issues, format in Linux, and works mint
  16. dyoung1167

dyoung1167 New Member

i also waqsn't paying attention when installing beats and damn if it didn't give me the same probs as on this thread.
    i think i may have found system files for the hydro, but unfortunately i don't really know what i'm looking at. could anyone with the know take a look and maybe if they are, point out the audio drivers and specify where on the phone they should go to replace the bad "beats" drivers?
    i can't post links yet so lets see what i can do.
    github dot uknow, forward sl, hroark13, /hydro_kernel/tree/master/sound/drivers
    of course this is past the start but i'm sure one who know can backtrack and find what is needed.
    i hope this helps all.
    and thank you to whoever takes this on and helps us idiots.
  17. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d Digital Packrat Guide

Which ROM are you on? I can pull the a lib folder and make a flashable.