uninstalled netflix app still shows on device as installed.Support

1. vincek18

vincek18 New Member

Well that's the problem. I uninstalled netflix earlier today, in order to then reinstall it in hopes to fix a problem. So I uninstalled it then removed it from carousel. I then went to reinstall it and noticed that the install arrow wasn't on the Icon which was peculiar. So I clicked on it and it rerouted me to the store. It gives me the option to open it, but not install. I tried clicking on the Icon in the app library and selecting remove from device, but it tells me that the app isn't installed. So double whammy. What's going on?
    :(

Advertisement
  2. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

I believe that Netflix is a built-in app... If so, you can't remove it without rooting.
  3. vincek18

vincek18 New Member

I'm pretty sure that's not the case, as built in apps don't even give the option to remove from device.

I just need to know how to re-install it.
  4. sephirwroth

sephirwroth New Member

I'm having the same problem. Netflix was choppy and lagging-which it has never done before-so I decided to uninstall it then reinstall it in hopes of fixing the problem. Now in the app store the only option is to open the app which it won't do. I can't even reinstall the app. It still shows up in my list of apps on my device, but when I try to uninstall it again, it says some thing about it not being on the list of installed apps. Please tell me if you figure out a solution, because I enjoy netflix on my Kindle and am thinking about reseting to factory defaults to fix the problem, but that would erase all my saved data-I think. :(
  5. justtrash

justtrash New Member

Me to but only with kingdoms and lords I got a blue screen uninstalled and now when I try to reinstall it says open I held the appp Icon and hit uninstall but it said app not found or something
  6. agadida

agadida Well-Known Member

could try using titanium backup to uninstall it then reinstall from Google play.
  7. thegoods99

thegoods99 New Member