Uninstalled unrevoked3 instaled leaked update .3 how can I get root back?

Last Updated:

1. infoe

infoe Active Member This Topic's Starter

Someone please help as subject says, I just un instaled unrevoked still have superusreer icon installed just left alone but I wasn't to be rooted again for wifi tethering.what steps so I need to take?

Just need free wifi tethering

Advertisement
  2. TheManRSW

TheManRSW Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you're in the same boat as a lot of people. I broke root for the update (unofficial) and now we have to play the waiting game until someone can root stock android 2.2. May be a week, may be a month...but I'm sure someone will figure it out.

3. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

Listen to the man above me.

I predict root will have to wait until some of the dev guys have had to replace phones and get stuck with unrooted official 2.2. They spent so much energy warning people that I doubt it's on the front burner.

4. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Just because you have the superuser icon doesn't mean you actually have a superuser in your file system anymore.

The stock 2.2 (either the leak or the actual OTA) was designed to preserve all your apps and screens; that's why you still have the SU icon. But it has overwritten your file system, which means the superuser su is gone.

You won't be able to root your phone until someone figures out how to break into a 2.2 build.