1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Uninstalling a Paid App

Last Updated:

1. gaoldiesman

gaoldiesman New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I hope this hasn't been asked before. Here is the situation. I bought a paid app (Droid DJ) and everything was fine until I was notified that an upgrade was available. When I upgraded, the app not longer worked on my Nexus One. I contacted the developer and they immediately fixed the problem and issued a new version. The problem is that the Android Market hasn't notified me of the new upgrade. I am hesitant to uninstall the app then download it again (I don't want to have to pay again). Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks,

Bill in Woodstock, Georgia, USA

Advertisement
    mremixer likes this.
  2. SukDeezNutz

SukDeezNutz Well-Known Member

You only have to pay for an app one time. The market knows what apps you have downloaded, so even if you uninstall it it will still be in your download section. For example i had to reset my phone and the 3 paid apps i have were in the downloads section of the market and i just clicked them and reinstalled....didnt cost anything. Hope this helps.

futbol, mremixer and gaoldiesman like this.
  3. gaoldiesman

gaoldiesman New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the quick reply. That is exactly what I wanted to know.

mremixer likes this.
  4. TeamPEZ

TeamPEZ Well-Known Member

It works indeed. I've done it a few times. BTW - I'm right down the road from you in Mayrhetta!

mremixer likes this.
  5. paulyeo11

paulyeo11 Member

Hi sir,

What happen if the developer upgrade the version to ver 2 , and last time I buy is ver 1.6 , when I do a upgrade , will they bill me again ?

As I found this post , I notice I am allow to install the app again and again it will not double charge . But not sure about app upgrade to new version , will it charge again ? Pls confirm.

Paul

mremixer likes this.
  6. genuser

genuser Well-Known Member

I have uninstalled an app for almost a year. Then installed many versions later on my new phone with no issues. Paid apps are tied to your Google account and stored independent of the phone. You can tie more than one phone to same account also.

mremixer likes this.
  7. paulyeo11

paulyeo11 Member

Thank , I will go ahead to install since I reset my phone due to calendar unable enter event

mremixer likes this.
  8. mremixer

mremixer Active Member

Just what I was looking for, brilliant uninstalled a paid app I thought I wouldn't want anymore, my mistake I now want it back lol good i don't need to pay again.

So this basically means I can use Google as a rarely used app storage facility, I have a few things I rarely use but can be useful at times, now I know this I'll be actually supporting more dev's. :)

At the moment I've been cagey on paying, weighing up its usefulness & how I'm likely to use it, now I'll just buy if I only ever use it once or twice it'll still be worth it.

Thanks to all above for this golden nugget of information :)

9. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

You can also back your phone up to Google. Not sure if you have to be rooted or not.

I'd also highly suggest buying Titanium Backup if you are. And ROM Manager.

10. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

There is one situation you won't be able to re-install an un-stalled paid app: When the paid app isn't in Market/Play Store any more ;)

Harry

11. mremixer

mremixer Active Member

Not on a phone so no need its a tablet, however I kinda use blue stacks as a backup, well a list of apps I've had installed as well as Google's play (again thanks for the heads up on this unofficial "storage" facility).

The blue stacks seems to keep everything even after I've uninstalled from tablet, go figure.

12. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

If I'm going to uninstall an app whether paid or not I always back it up to my SD card first using Appsaver just in case it gets taken off the market. I have to do this fairly frequently as I have very little space on my Desire but will be getting a Galaxy Note soon.