• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Uninstalling a Paid App

gaoldiesman

Lurker
Apr 14, 2010
Hi,

I hope this hasn't been asked before. Here is the situation. I bought a paid app (Droid DJ) and everything was fine until I was notified that an upgrade was available. When I upgraded, the app not longer worked on my Nexus One. I contacted the developer and they immediately fixed the problem and issued a new version. The problem is that the Android Market hasn't notified me of the new upgrade. I am hesitant to uninstall the app then download it again (I don't want to have to pay again). Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks,

Bill in Woodstock, Georgia, USA

Reactions: mremixer
You only have to pay for an app one time. The market knows what apps you have downloaded, so even if you uninstall it it will still be in your download section. For example i had to reset my phone and the 3 paid apps i have were in the downloads section of the market and i just clicked them and reinstalled....didnt cost anything. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I hope this hasn't been asked before. Here is the situation. I bought a paid app (Droid DJ) and everything was fine until I was notified that an upgrade was available. When I upgraded, the app not longer worked on my Nexus One. I contacted the developer and they immediately fixed the problem and issued a new version. The problem is that the Android Market hasn't notified me of the new upgrade. I am hesitant to uninstall the app then download it again (I don't want to have to pay again). Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks,

Bill in Woodstock, Georgia, USA

It works indeed. I've done it a few times. BTW - I'm right down the road from you in Mayrhetta!

Upvote 0
Hi sir,

What happen if the developer upgrade the version to ver 2 , and last time I buy is ver 1.6 , when I do a upgrade , will they bill me again ?

As I found this post , I notice I am allow to install the app again and again it will not double charge . But not sure about app upgrade to new version , will it charge again ? Pls confirm.

Paul

Upvote 0
Hi sir,

What happen if the developer upgrade the version to ver 2 , and last time I buy is ver 1.6 , when I do a upgrade , will they bill me again ?

As I found this post , I notice I am allow to install the app again and again it will not double charge . But not sure about app upgrade to new version , will it charge again ? Pls confirm.

Paul

I have uninstalled an app for almost a year. Then installed many versions later on my new phone with no issues. Paid apps are tied to your Google account and stored independent of the phone. You can tie more than one phone to same account also.

Upvote 0
Just what I was looking for, brilliant uninstalled a paid app I thought I wouldn't want anymore, my mistake I now want it back lol good i don't need to pay again.

So this basically means I can use Google as a rarely used app storage facility, I have a few things I rarely use but can be useful at times, now I know this I'll be actually supporting more dev's. :)

At the moment I've been cagey on paying, weighing up its usefulness & how I'm likely to use it, now I'll just buy if I only ever use it once or twice it'll still be worth it.

Thanks to all above for this golden nugget of information :)

Upvote 0
You can also back your phone up to Google. Not sure if you have to be rooted or not.

I'd also highly suggest buying Titanium Backup if you are. And ROM Manager.

Not on a phone so no need its a tablet, however I kinda use blue stacks as a backup, well a list of apps I've had installed as well as Google's play (again thanks for the heads up on this unofficial "storage" facility).

The blue stacks seems to keep everything even after I've uninstalled from tablet, go figure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones