Uninstalling factory fitted app's

Last Updated:

1. col

col New Member This Topic's Starter

Purchased hTc Desire in Qatar. Came installed with additional islamic software (Al-Moazin, iQuran and Hijri Calendar) I have no need for these app's. Is it possible to remove them from my sys?

Col

Advertisement
  2. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

You need to be rooted to do that. One you've done that you can either do it thro root explorer or adb.

3. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

I'm wondering about this as I thought you needed to be rooted too. However I'm not rooted but using MyPhoneExplorer I have access to the system app files and there is an option to delete. I posted a question about it here http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/204183-phone-explorer.html#post1817608 I'm not sure if it works or not as I haven't been brave enough to try it yet.

4. jamesjxxx

jamesjxxx New Member

yep if you're a comp nerd:p you can you can root it if not try;

"If you do have an HTC Desire and want to disable this feature, click on the Al Moazin software and ensure that the speaker shown there is on silent. Then hit settings and make sure each of the timings are unchecked!":D

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Even if you're rooted, that option won't work. You.need to be s-off too. Cdma users get s-off at root however.

It may look like it works with normal root but the app gets replaced.

If you're rooted and don't want a custom rom or s-off, you have to use adb

snowmobile likes this.
  6. AndySA

AndySA Member

I couldn't find it in Doha, so I bought mine in Dubai last week.

Same problem, which initially woke me just after 4 am with al-Moazin screaming out for a prayer. I simply shut it up, disabled the speaker and leave it running, as it seems to take up only little space.

The other 2 apps I left as they are a novelty factor in Europe. :)

Could you post a follow-up if you managed to root and throw out what you did not want?

7. SUroot

8. Bonana

Bonana New Member

i bought a desire here in Dubai it also came with this apps that constantly reminding me the prayer time.. i don't know how to remove this apps and my locale is English (qatar).. no option to change it to English (uk).. because sometimes my battery widget shows numerics in Arabic.. i'm wondering if i just root my phone then flash a stock htc desire asia WWE rom... will it give me a fresh phone with no any pre-installed arabic apps? after i install a stock rom will my phone be back to its unrooted state?

9. SUroot

You can just debrand it, no need to root.

You need to create a goldcard first. There are some debranding threads somewhere in this forum.

10. Bonana

Bonana New Member

But my phone is not branded.. i found out that those apps are preinstalled in he arabic rom... So do you think reflashing my phone with a WWE stock htc rom will solve my problem and will give me a clean state phone with no arabic apps ang languages?

11. SUroot

Yes

Bonana likes this.