• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

uninstalling games

oik01

Lurker
Jan 21, 2012
I got my first android phone a few months ago and was very happy with it until now. My main problem is that I kept installing and uninstalling apps and games while browsing around only to realize that all that time my SDcard was getting trashed with incompletely removed files. Most games will download from the appstore then ask us to download hundreds of mega bites' worth of data to complete the installation. My problem is that after uninstalling the games, the folder in which that data was stored is usually still there on my card. Games from gameloft are the easiest to remove because they are always in a folder named " gameloft". what I cant seem to figure out however is how to remove every other single game data out there. Right now I want to remove Skies of Glory but am hesitant before I figure out how to remove the entire thing. Also it would be a lot of help if any of you can help guide me towards removing the data from other applications I had uninstalled before like blood and glory and others...( btw I know a lot of you will ask me to remove the cache before uninstalling but that doesnt work either. The cache size for some of the games is only a few megabites but when I check the folder through astro, If i can find it that is, its usually much bigger.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones