Uninstalling GTalkService.apkSupport

Last Updated:

1. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Talk.apk
    gtalkservice.apk

i have remove them, but i loose access to the accounts and sync. i am trying to remove the correct .apk so that gtalk doesnt auto start on boot up. i dont use and will never use gtalk and i would like to rid the evo of it to help with battery. any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

v01rider likes this.
  3. v01rider

thats what i was afraid of. :( hmmmmm....wonder if there is an app/widget to turn it off.

4. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Open Google Talk, hit menu, Settings and uncheck Automatically sign in.

5. v01rider

6. v01rider

hahahaha, duh :rolleyes: :D:D:D somtimes the simplest things are overlooked!

thanks bro!!

7. v01rider

tried unchecking, rebooting, gtalkservice is still running. :( went to talk and i was signed in. :confused: its a conspiracy :eek:

8. v01rider

ive even gone into advanced task killer and set it to low. then killed talk. rebooted, gtalkservice is still running. it must need to run for google driven apps. o well. live and learn.

9. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

just go into running services and stop google talk when you start up your phone. same with the sprint zone.

you can add a link to running services on your home screen.

running services should be in settings - applications - running services.

10. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

i'd recommend startup auditor. lets you select things to be automatically killed that startup on boot up. i love it. use it for sprint services and gtalk. i'll never have to use running services again :)

11. Mfed

Mfed Member

I've tried killing Google Talk with a startup killer, ATK, and manually, and the pesky bastard keeps turning itself back on. I've also turned off the "Sign in automatically" button in settings. It's the App That Won't Die!

Any other suggestions on how to kill this thing once and for all? Killing the Running Process over and over is obviously an option, but not a good one IMHO. If you tell it (numerous ways) NOT to start or sign in, it shouldn't, 'nuff said. Help...?

12. Berner

Berner Well-Known Member

Here's a suggestion: sign out of Talk, then stop messing with the operating system. You are not smarter than the people who wrote the code.

13. Mfed

Mfed Member

Spoken like a true Mensa candidate.

Windows doesn't need MSN Messenger to operate, the same way Eclair doesn't need Talk. I don't use it, don't need it, and when I turn it off and tell it to stay off I expect it to behave as any app should, and comply. That said...

Anyone have any constructive suggestions for keeping Google Talk from constantly restarting?

14. Berner

Berner Well-Known Member

Comparing Android OS to Windows? I guess you won't be joining me in Mensa any time soon.

Since you've failed to research the well-documented reasons why the Google Talk service needs to be running in order for your phone to operate correctly with other Google and Android products, I leave you to your self-made impending disaster. I look forward to seeing your future "why don't my market work??" posts.