Unintended Screen MovementGeneral

Last Updated:

1. fish2587

fish2587 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so when i'm on the home screen and I set my phone down, many times the screen will slide to the left or right screens. If i set it down gently, it doesn't do it. If I set it down like I would set anything else down, not being as gentle, the screen slides to different screens. Anybody else get this? I'm not worried or anything since it doesn't affect the functionality whatsoever and I still LOVE the phone. Just thought it was interesting and wanted to see if anybody else had this experience.

Advertisement
  2. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Mine did this today also. I set it down on my car seat with the screen on while driving and I noticed that the screen had flipped one screen to the right.

3. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

on one occasion my home screen started moving to the right a few times. it hasn't done it since.

4. fish2587

yeah must be some sort of bug in there but hey, it happens

5. P M

P M Well-Known Member

had same issue that occurred just today. did a battery pull (no more problems). it was stuck on selecting left screen so much that i couldn't even open up menu to attempt g-calibration.

6. fish2587

bump:)

anyone else?

7. engd755

engd755 New Member

mine does it to

8. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

It's not a bug. "Bumping" your phone left or right will move between the screens. It's not possessed or bugged, just responding to a small jolt :)

9. jdawg724

jdawg724 Member

Mine keeps going left. Dunno what causes it...

10. fish2587

thanks! by the way, what exactly is the point of the g-calibration? does it have to be on a PERFECTLY level surface to do it right? Just curious

11. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

It helps for games like Teeter, Resco Bubbles (when it comes) and games that use the sensor. The flatter the surface, the more accurate the sensor will be. Stock is pretty close though.

fish2587 likes this.
  12. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

Several people have had home screens moving on their own and it was the trackpad.

In my case, the screens weren't moving side to side, it was like there was a constant up-swipe happening.

I just wiped down the trackpad and it went away. Somebody said it might be from static electricity on the surface, which I suppose is possible in my case because it started happening right after I was walking around with it in a shirt pocket.

13. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Well-Known Member

This is closer to what I have seen happen. Sometimes it even activates something. One time, I went to pick up the phone and a game was starting. I definitely didn't start it before I put it down, it started as soon as I unlocked. Weird, but it doesn't happen often enough to bug me.

14. slumpey

slumpey Well-Known Member

Happened to me also

15. crimton

i was about to post that i thought it was the trackpad. i was scrolling through contacts then one highlighted itself(the trackpad did it) and started scrolling up and down. i never use the trackpad, i'm glad its not the screen. it rarely does it though.

16. IncredibleDoes

IncredibleDoes Member

this happens to me all the time, and it came down to being the trackpad, I did multiple test and my trackpad seems to be the issue to this, lets hope another ota can fix this and lets hope its not hardware based

17. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

I have had the same problem of it swyping to the left when it is just sitting on my desk charging. I would also guess that it is something with the track pad and I really hope it is a software issue because that is fixable.

18. crimton

is there a way to disable the trackpad maybe if its rooted perhaps? i would never notice if it was gone.

19. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

crimton, you took the words right out of my mouth. It would be nice if we could disable the trackpad altogether. I never use it and don't think I ever will.

20. crimton

i guess i like it just for having it as a dedicated select button but as far as navigating/scrolling with it, it wouldn't be missed at all.