1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

unistallation apps. (is there..)

Last Updated:

1. flipakine

flipakine Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys. I'm pretty new to the forum. I'm not completely up to date with all the android features as I see a lot of you are as I mostly use the phone for basic multimedia on top of my phones services. I have recently noticed that although I use the advanced task killer to stop apps from running they still continuously turn themselves on and drain my battery. I can't keep watching my phone every second to "kill" them as they pop up.

I was wondering if there is another way keep this from happening as there arnt any settings option in these individual apps to stop it. or even better.. an app to unistall "factory" apps such as mp3 store n so on. your help is greatly appreciated guys.

thanks
    Jeff.

Advertisement
  2. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

3. flipakine

what is "rooted" and how do I go about becoming rooted? also I read the thread in link. sadly I'm not on system version 2.2+ I'm still 2.1..

does it still apply?

4. HomelessDepot

HomelessDepot Well-Known Member

Android != Windows. They're 'running' in the background, but that doesn't mean they're using CPU cycles or hogging memory - the entire structure of the Android OS is designed to fit mobile devices.

FAQ: Why You Shouldn

5. flipakine

but how do I become rooted. I have Verizon as well so I know what you're talking about. I really want the fb app gone! haha

But sounds like ill be unistalling the task killer