2. SAL8116

SAL8116 Well-Known Member

3. S Chonson

S Chonson Well-Known Member

Yeah. November 13th, 2027.
    josborne6 likes this.
  4. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I find it a bit hard to believe Verizon would release the latest 4.2 upgrade only about a week or two before the 4.3 upgrade. Assuming you don't have to do one to do the other, that seemingly would only lead to a lot of problems to address with the 4.2 upgrade which would be totally unnecessary.
  5. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Well I hope there is some truth to it. Guess I'll start making backups now. I'm sure this update will go over like the last one, requiring a factory reset to make all the software "Happy".
  6. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

I didn't have to make backups. The update installed perfectly on my phone with no issues afterwards.
  7. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Sprint users weren't so lucky. It was pretty much mandatory for the MF9 update and they took months to admit to it. Some techs in both Sprint and Samsung won't admit to it.
  8. cjreyes666

cjreyes666 Well-Known Member

Verizon is first that is national headlines
  9. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Links please
  10. Goodspike

I think they may have meant to say: "If Verizon is first, that would create national headlines." In other words, it's doubtful Verizon would be first.
  11. motoracer1486

motoracer1486 Well-Known Member

So far this leak has been accurate!
  12. Goodspike

Yes, it's amazing. I still don't understand why Verizon would do two updates in quick succession. That just seems to be asking for trouble, but fortunately I didn't have any significant issues with either once I did the upgrades.
  13. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Possibly 4.2.2 was really more of a test to see if how well things would go. Not sure what it would have been testing though.