• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My guess is they sold 400K-500K through to customers. Corp reps mention this number and the fact that it would have sold twice this if the supply issues were not killing it.

Please keep in mind the launch schedule for both the X and Droid 2 were moved up one month each to fill in the gap. The Inc supply problem was a disaster for VZW. Not my words- corporate reps. The good news for the reps is they mainly deal in BB's for business customers, so their direct sales goals were not hurt.

Upvote 0
why does it matter? not being an ass or anything, just a fair honest question. Will it make you feel better about your investment if more people have bought it or something. I really am just curious

Personally, I'm just curious. Also would be nice to know how the numbers compare to other phones. If this phone is a commercial success, there will likely be similar phones in the future. And those phones will be more likely to have accesories, etc.

But really, I'm just curious.

Upvote 0
Personally, I'm just curious. Also would be nice to know how the numbers compare to other phones. If this phone is a commercial success, there will likely be similar phones in the future. And those phones will be more likely to have accesories, etc.

But really, I'm just curious.
+1
why does it matter? not being an ass or anything, just a fair honest question. Will it make you feel better about your investment if more people have bought it or something. I really am just curious
What he^(euph) said. Mainly curiosity. I don't need justification for my purchase, its been 7months and i couldn't be happier. Just thought it would be interesting to know/discuss

Upvote 0
I haven't seen anything official, but I sure could speculate.

HTC recently announced that they have shipped over 3 million Evo 4Gs. This was in part due to aggressive advertising from Sprint, and the fact that they had no real competition. The Epic looked like a competitor, but the ongoing lack of Android 2.2 isa liability.

The Incredible, in comparison, has had bigger component shortages as well as tons of competition from Verizon's own Droid stable. Typically when a product like this breaks 1 million in sales/shipped volume, that gets announced. The fact that HTC announced that their MyTouch 4G has already sohipped over 500k units is telling.

I'd say the Incredible did well, but hasn't broken 1 million units yet. Pure speculation on my part though.

Upvote 0
I haven't seen anything official, but I sure could speculate.

HTC recently announced that they have shipped over 3 million Evo 4Gs. This was in part due to aggressive advertising from Sprint, and the fact that they had no real competition. The Epic looked like a competitor, but the ongoing lack of Android 2.2 isa liability.

The Incredible, in comparison, has had bigger component shortages as well as tons of competition from Verizon's own Droid stable. Typically when a product like this breaks 1 million in sales/shipped volume, that gets announced. The fact that HTC announced that their MyTouch 4G has already sohipped over 500k units is telling.

I'd say the Incredible did well, but hasn't broken 1 million units yet. Pure speculation on my part though.

That's about what I'd guess...somewhere in the neighborhood of 750,000. But that is complete speculation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones