• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Universal Eris Root for Dummies!

Oh you mean rooting it with the adb? It is quicker IMO, if you have adb setup already.

no adb doesnt work for me the link had a rom magager from the market place that flashes file for you I didnt know where it flashed to. I asume the root of the sd card. but i mounted my sd card to comp. manually downloaded clockwork file , opened tools file in gscripts went to delete recov img, and deleted everything some how

Upvote 0
Yeah ROM manage won't work until you are rooted. If you still have the gscript.zip file just unzip it and take out the flash_image file and put it into your sdcard/gscript/tools folder. Then put the clockwork recovery file in there as well. Just make sure to rename the clockwork file to recovery.img. Sorry if I keep repeating myself but it is important.

Upvote 0
I did this on my brothers phone and it worked great - thought would like this script on my phone also - it was already rooted - when I do the vol up - end - it starts boot then I see a triangle with red explanation mark inside - and green droid. only way to get phone going is to pull battery - I hope there is a way past this without reinstalling a unrooted rom - and starting over - any ideas? Also on my brothers phone I had to call carrier to get it activated.

Upvote 0
Yeah ROM manage won't work until you are rooted. If you still have the gscript.zip file just unzip it and take out the flash_image file and put it into your sdcard/gscript/tools folder. Then put the clockwork recovery file in there as well. Just make sure to rename the clockwork file to recovery.img. Sorry if I keep repeating myself but it is important.

ok i have done this , now what? lol

Upvote 0
I didn't notice that not at end of thread - went back and read thread about part where one person having same problem as me did - your suggestion(Copy and paste the flash_image and recovery.img from hack-v4 to gscript/tools and start over.) still nothing will watch thread and read more.

I'm a little confused by your situation. Didn't you say that you're already rooted but can't get into recovery?

Upvote 0
ok im back. nope didnt work. I had 2 scrip 1 s and 2 script 2s i thought that i would write over them at the step before you close the file editor. anyway i ran script 1 at the bottom and turned off phone . restarted and did scipt 2 ...vol up and end, nothing. i then thought that i might have accidentaqlly ran the old script 1 so i tapped the top scrip 1 turned off phone ran script 2 turned phone off vol up and end again nothin:mad: track ball still wont move . can i delete and start completely over with installing gscript put clockwork recov in the rename file and re do the who;e process?

Upvote 0
ok im back. nope didnt work. I had 2 scrip 1 s and 2 script 2s i thought that i would write over them at the step before you close the file editor. anyway i ran script 1 at the bottom and turned off phone . restarted and did scipt 2 ...vol up and end, nothing. i then thought that i might have accidentaqlly ran the old script 1 so i tapped the top scrip 1 turned off phone ran script 2 turned phone off vol up and end again nothin:mad: track ball still wont move . can i delete and start completely over with installing gscript put clockwork recov in the rename file and re do the who;e process?

Yes you can. Just to be clear, the only file you want to swap out is recovery.img with the clockwork recovery renamed to recovery.img in the tools folder of gscript.

Upvote 0
woooooooooooofreeeeaaaaaaaakkkkiiiinnnn hoooooooooomI am finally rooted runnin sensible 3.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much everyone!varkie thank you for the clock suggestion that worked perfectly ! papadroid scary alien thank you so much for you patience , efforts and advice! I know it sounds like an oscar speech, but i and very excited and gratefull for everyones help! now to shop around lol:D:D:D:D:p

Upvote 0
woooooooooooofreeeeaaaaaaaakkkkiiiinnnn hoooooooooomI am finally rooted runnin sensible 3.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much everyone!varkie thank you for the clock suggestion that worked perfectly ! papadroid scary alien thank you so much for you patience , efforts and advice! I know it sounds like an oscar speech, but i and very excited and gratefull for everyones help! now to shop around lol:D:D:D:D:p

Glad to hear it worked and luckily it was an easy fix. You can use ROM Manager to flash Amon's if you so wish but with out the trackball you still couldn't use it but that is an option. ROM Manager does a lot of cool things and updates Clockwork Mod Recovery, installs and backup ROMs, the ability to boot into recovery from the app and so on.

Upvote 0
Hi, I figured since kamots finally got his ROM working I would pose a new question for the people here to help me figure out. (If it isn't the right place, I can repost somewhere else) I have RA recovery working alright, but when I go to flash PlainJane the text reads:

Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:No signature (1710 files)
E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.

Does anyone know what's going on? How can I fix it and get the ROM to work?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones