• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

unknown android based tablet wont power up

eto

Apr 2, 2011
I have a friends tablet that won't power up. I cant find this android tablet ANYWHERE! I tried googling the ONLY name on the box 6 different ways and I get no hits whatsoever!! It says "Q1 (or I) intelligent computing" on the box.

GOOGLE SEARCH TERMS
Q1 tablet won't power up
QI tablet won't power up
QI intelligent computing tablet won't power up
Q1 intelligent computing tablet won't power up
intelligent computing tablet won't power up
unknown tablet won't power up

How is that possible? Is this the only one? At this point in time I don't know where it was bought, Best Buy, Walmart, K-mart, Sears the trunk of some guys car! I'll find out and get back.

I'll try to attach some pics maybe you can help, including the manual which has no MFR or FCC ID or Web site or Support/Help/Contact info, NOTHING to identify who made it! The pic of the manual 3x5 page is taken from 3 inches away. I can't even read what those idioms printed there are for. I going to get a microscope tomorrow

I tested the power supply which is supposed to 5vdc out and there's nothing! The manual says a RED LED should light up! Nope, nada!

If you can figure out what it is, does this unit need a full charge BEFORE it will power up? I now have it connected to the USB port out to my laptop USB port in. Maybe it will charge that way until i can get a replacement pwr supply.

any help would be appreciated,
thanks eto

Attachments

• IMG_20130729_213235.jpg
    IMG_20130729_213235.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20130729_222642.jpg
    IMG_20130729_222642.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20130729_222704.jpg
    IMG_20130729_222704.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20130729_223155.jpg
    IMG_20130729_223155.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20130729_223307.jpg
    IMG_20130729_223307.jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20130730_020646.jpg
    IMG_20130730_020646.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 26
OK, got a working power supply and i now have a green light in the lower left hand corner, (lower right hand corner if you hold it sideways)

From what I read in general about these tablets, after a COMPLETE discharge, they need to be charged for at least 8 hours1 (true or false?)

I still cant read what buttons are what. I'm assuming that the button on the front in the middle at the bottom is the on~off button?

thanks again

Upvote 0
I have a friends tablet that won't power up. I cant find this android tablet ANYWHERE! I tried googling the ONLY name on the box 6 different ways and I get no hits whatsoever!! It says "Q1 (or I) intelligent computing" on the box.

GOOGLE SEARCH TERMS
Q1 tablet won't power up
QI tablet won't power up
QI intelligent computing tablet won't power up
Q1 intelligent computing tablet won't power up
intelligent computing tablet won't power up
unknown tablet won't power up

How is that possible? Is this the only one? At this point in time I don't know where it was bought, Best Buy, Walmart, K-mart, Sears the trunk of some guys car! I'll find out and get back.

You're getting warmer..it probably came from Ebay, directly from China. It's not the only one, there's millions of them around.

I'll try to attach some pics maybe you can help, including the manual which has no MFR or FCC ID or Web site or Support/Help/Contact info, NOTHING to identify who made it!

Yup...usually because the culprits don't want to be found....but it has "Made in China" on it though.

The pic of the manual 3x5 page is taken from 3 inches away. I can't even read what those idioms printed there are for. I going to get a microscope tomorrow

I tested the power supply which is supposed to 5vdc out and there's nothing! The manual says a RED LED should light up! Nope, nada!

If you can figure out what it is, does this unit need a full charge BEFORE it will power up? I now have it connected to the USB port out to my laptop USB port in. Maybe it will charge that way until i can get a replacement pwr supply.

Suggest you try charging it from a USB power brick rather than the USB port on your laptop.

any help would be appreciated,
thanks eto

Eto...for your information, see our forum sticky about these things.....
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html

Upvote 0
OK, got a working power supply and i now have a green light in the lower left hand corner, (lower right hand corner if you hold it sideways)

From what I read in general about these tablets, after a COMPLETE discharge, they need to be charged for at least 8 hours1 (true or false?)

If it was completely discharged, give it a full charge, 8 hours. That way you'll know it should be fully charged.

I still cant read what buttons are what. I'm assuming that the button on the front in the middle at the bottom is the on~off button?

thanks again

The button on the front is usually the home button, which should bring you back to the Android home screen. On-off is usually on the side, sometimes the top.

Upvote 0
OK a few more things

no "Made in China" sticker anywhere! I guess they don't want any credit at all for this tablet.

Found a suitable power supply dont think a usb brick would work.

the HOME button on this tablet is on the side ! (see pic)

seems as though there is an on-off switch on the side (see pic)

I saw a shipping slip from someplace in Chicago called "Awards", seems as though this was some kind of premium prize awarded for an accumulated amount, kinda like the premiums you use to get when smoking Marlboro cigarettes and sent in the UPC!

I'm going back to my friends today to see what a full charge has accomplished!

thanks again for input

Attachments

• QIHomeButton.JPG
    QIHomeButton.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 35
  • QIOn~OffButton.JPG
    QIOn~OffButton.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0
here are 3 pics of back, i do not know how to open this device if it was pictures of INSIDE that you wanted!

thanks again eto

Attachments

• IMG_20130807_151124.jpg
    IMG_20130807_151124.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20130807_151211.jpg
    IMG_20130807_151211.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20130807_151237.jpg
    IMG_20130807_151237.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones