• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unknown artist in music

daz_2000

Android Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2011
London, UK
Ive solved this issue on mine, if you are syncing from itunes music, I personally use Isyncr which works well, I found occassionally I would get unknown artist rather than the artist name shown in itunes.

If you right click on a track in question and then select show in explorer, see if the artist name is blank in windows explorer properties.

To fix, simply amend the artist name in itunes to whatever, then rename back and it should correct. Then delete the unknown artist track from phone and re-sync.

If you right click on a track in question and then select show in explorer, see if the artist name is blank in windows explorer properties.

To fix, simply amend the artist name in itunes to whatever, then rename back and it should correct. Then delete the unknown artist track from phone and re-sync.

Anyone know how to do this on a Mac? It is driving me mad having my music not correctly organised on my phone!

Upvote 0
Hi, all!

I've just got a lovely new Samsung Galaxy S2 and have the same problem with missing album titles on (I think) all of the m4a files synced from iTunes (via doubleTwist, as it happens).

I've registered on this forum (one of loads with people asking the same question) just to tell you of an easy fix!

There's an app called MediaFix in the Android Marketplace that scans your phone for tracks with missing id tags and adds them automatically! The guy has a blog at gorgonloop

Similarly, those tracks probably won't have album art attached, so there's another app, cunningly called "Album Art Downloader" that does what it says on the tin!

I hope this solves your problems! If so, lemme know!

Upvote 0
I've registered on this forum (one of loads with people asking the same question) just to tell you of an easy fix!

There's an app called MediaFix in the Android Marketplace that scans your phone for tracks with missing id tags and adds them automatically! The guy has a blog at gorgonloop

Similarly, those tracks probably won't have album art attached, so there's another app, cunningly called "Album Art Downloader" that does what it says on the tin!

Worked a treat! Thanks so much this problem has bugged me since getting the phone

Reactions: philtimm
Upvote 0
Hi, all!

I've just got a lovely new Samsung Galaxy S2 and have the same problem with missing album titles on (I think) all of the m4a files synced from iTunes (via doubleTwist, as it happens).

mmmhhh. More apps to try and fill up 1.8GB of app storage. :D works a charm :)

Upvote 0
Hi, all!

:) AMAZING!!! Thanks so much for posting this I've been looking for days to try and work out how to fix this and so far this looks like it's done the job. Not 100% perfect cos it still doesn't cope with compilations. But I'll live with that for the benefit of it fixing my other x100 albums!!! RESULT yaaaaay I can delight in my SG2 again!! :D

Upvote 0
Hi, all!

Hi, thanks for the quick and easy fix but I can't try it cuz the market said MediaFix is incompatible with my Samsung Galaxy S2 cuz "This item cannot be installed in your device's country." And if I search The Market using my phone, it doesn't show up. ><

Any workaround? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the quick and easy fix but I can't try it cuz the market said MediaFix is incompatible with my Samsung Galaxy S2 cuz &quot;This item cannot be installed in your device's country.&quot; And if I search The Market using my phone, it doesn't show up. &gt;&lt;

Any workaround? Thanks!

I downloaded it this morning with out any problems.

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the quick and easy fix but I can't try it cuz the market said MediaFix is incompatible with my Samsung Galaxy S2 cuz "This item cannot be installed in your device's country." And if I search The Market using my phone, it doesn't show up. ><

Any workaround? Thanks!

i get that a lot too.. u could try googling for the apk download for this app :)

Upvote 0

Any workaround? Thanks!

Try emailing the developer directly and asking for a copy. He seems to be very helpful. I don't know his email address but I dare say you could find it at his blog at gorgonloop.eu.

Upvote 0
Anyone know how to do this on a Mac? It is driving me mad having my music not correctly organised on my phone!

For mac, you just use iTunes to organize your music, etc., then you just use an app on Mac called kies to throw it onto your phone. It works great for my galaxy s5 and I'm guessing it will work for you too.

My question is if you can change the names of albums and artists from your actual phone, so if anyone knows, or is still reading this thread, please help!

Thanks guys!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones