unknown artist, unknown album (rage)

Last Updated:

1. prophetjohn

prophetjohn New Member This Topic's Starter

couldn't find an answer while searching

HTC EVO/2.1

no matter what i try, i can't get rid of this unknown artist crap when i import it to my phone. i've tried deleting the files, filling out all the fields in the file properties and reimporting. i've tried redownloading the albums and reimporting. i've tried iTag (which works, but there's no way to edit track numbers, so you're screwed there)

how do i get music on my phone with the proper album title/artist name? this is way harder than it should be. is there a way i can edit them on my PC before importing them that will allow android to recognize them for what they are?

ftr, this is only happening on a small amount of albums (like 5 out of 60) and they are .mp3. what do?

Advertisement
  2. thevoiceless

thevoiceless Active Member

I obsessively tag all of my music with mp3tag on my computer, and then just drag-and-drop it all onto my phone when I connect it to my computer. No problems so far, except some players don't seem to recognize all/any of the album art saved in the tags (the stock player and DoubleTwist do, though).

3. Garsk

Garsk New Member

Hopefully someone will figure this out, cause I have one album with this problem.

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Media Monkey will let you edit them on the computer and add album art if it is needed.

5. StuartTheFish

StuartTheFish Well-Known Member

If I've needed to, I just tag the files using windows by right clicking and going to properties. Never had a problem.

6. tracey1987

tracey1987 Member

I have downloaded some music from the music junk app but 95% of the time it does not go into the right albums and is all jumbled up. Does anyone know if there is a way of renaming them on the phone or is it possible to import them to my computer and then change them?

7. thevoiceless

thevoiceless Active Member

iTag is great for editing tags

8. sitlet

sitlet Banned

It's highly possible that if you downloaded the music, the tags are corrupt. I've come across many mp3s with tags that cannot be re-done.