• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

unknown artist?

westfall90

Jun 21, 2011
so I have like 4 albums in the collection that say unknown artist on my galaxy nexus and I cannot figure out why. In itunes everything shows up fine, as well as when I put a usb drive with my music into my car radio. For my phone though they show up as unknown artist, they're just regular mp3s, no drm or anything. I tried deleting the artist name and renaming it in itunes so it would rewrite the mp3 file, but that didn't do anything. Any thoughts?

so I have like 4 albums in the collection that say unknown artist on my galaxy nexus and I cannot figure out why. In itunes everything shows up fine, as well as when I put a usb drive with my music into my car radio. For my phone though they show up as unknown artist, they're just regular mp3s, no drm or anything. I tried deleting the artist name and renaming it in itunes so it would rewrite the mp3 file, but that didn't do anything. Any thoughts?

I think iTunes can sometimes do funny/non-standard things with ID3 tags. Never a problem if you're using an iOS device of course. Were these MP3s you ripped from CDs with iTunes?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones