• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unknown Location error on home screen

Latitude is one of the preinstalled programmes and therefore you can't uninstall it. If you want to stop it running you could go to Menu>Settings>Applications and then either Running Services and have a scan through to see if Latitude is running and then stop it or alternatively look on Menu>Settings>Aplications>Manage Applications then Menu button again then Filter>All and scroll through and find it and force close it.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, do you have GPS services allowed, its under Settings>Location & Security Settings. If the phone can find your location using this then maybe the unknown will go away.

Your last port of call would be to run a system repair on either PC Companion or Sony Ericsson Update Service but this will wipe all data from on your phone and you will have to reinstall everything and make sure you have backed up your contacts and SMS etc.

Upvote 0
Hi, I have just bought a Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 and I cannot get rid of the latitude programme. Can anyone help with this please? I have "Unknown Location" showing on my home screen and cannot get it off. Please Help.....:)

Baroness123

I may be mistaken but it looks like you just want it off the main screen? If so simply press and hold your finger on the error and drag that particular widget to the bin that appears at the bottom of the screen.

Upvote 0
I may be mistaken but it looks like you just want it off the main screen? If so simply press and hold your finger on the error and drag that particular widget to the bin that appears at the bottom of the screen.

Hey Sam! How you doing. Is it me just trying to over complicate things?! If so I do apologise the OP, sometimes the simplest things get over looked entirely ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones