unknown picture albums in media

1. ymss

ymss Member

i dont know whats going on but when i go in to gallery i find there a lot of albums & pictures some of them are named DRAWABLE & some of them are named IMAGES it makes me so mixed up my gallery. can someone help me please how this happen & how i can take it off ?????:mad:

Advertisement
    :
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

There's a menu option for settings in your gallery - you'll want just your camera's photo album.

Out of the box, it's going to show every image it can find on your phone - sample photos, downloads, thumbnails, album art...
  3. ymss

ymss Member

I tried it but it stays the same bad
  4. EarlyMon

Kindly download a file browser - Astro or EStrongs will do - navigate to

/sdcard/DCIM/100MEDIA (Pretty sure that's right.)

And tell me what's stored there.
  5. ymss

ymss Member

I see 6 pictures & 1 video & a icon called bbthumbs
  6. EarlyMon

OK, thanks, let me check a few things and get back to you.
  7. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

There used to be a trick for hiding media files in folders by creating a folder named ____ can anyone remember what that is? Evo users might know what I mean.
  8. EarlyMon

The name you're thinking of is: .nomedia

And it does work on the Shift.

If the bbthumbs thing is a folder with the evil inside, you need either a file or folder (doesn't matter which) named .nomedia inside the bbthumbs folder.
    Droidone likes this.
  9. ymss

ymss Member

But when I click on the bbthumbs icon it come up "File type dat not found
  10. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

Thank you sir. It's just a folder marked .nomedia in the file folder that the media exists right?
  11. EarlyMon

Yessir. ;) That - or a file with that name will do just as well.

As for that bbthumbs.dat file - I don't know what that could be - it's not on our Shift.

Suggest moving it from inside 100MEDIA folder to one level up, inside dcim folder and see if problem goes away and everything still just works.

OR - (forehead slap) - I'm not up on the latest Windows - did you plug this into a WinPC and use some image-browsing tool to go thru your pix? If so, then just delete it.

I googled bbthumbs.dat and it said it was a Blackberry file.