Unknown process: Policy Service ManagerSupport

Last Updated:

1. neoscape

neoscape New Member This Topic's Starter

Recently I have been having a lot of problems with my droid x. Two days ago my battery was 50% discharged after two hours being unplugged and unused. Apparently it was syncing constantly. I have read the other threads about this syncing issue but wasn't able to resolve it.

The syncing issue appears to be resolved, but my cpu is now running at approximately 75-95% use since. The biggest cpu hog is a process called "policy service manager" using 33-80% at any given time.

Occasionally the phone runs normally, but it is often sluggish and twice now the screen has frozen and become totally unresponsive until the battery is pulled.

I have cleared data from gmail, calendar, etc to help to fix the sync issue, and I have uninstalled all apps that I have recently installed in case any of them are contributing. Otherwise I am at a loss... anyone have ideas for me?

Advertisement
  2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

If it was me I'd do a factory data reset and start from scratch. Menu>settings>privacy>factory data reset>reset phone>erase everything.

3. neoscape

neoscape New Member This Topic's Starter

First of all, props on the PJ quote.

Secondly, I don't want to do a factory reset because it is a pain in the ass. I'd appreciate any other suggestions before I go that route.