Unknown Ringtone

Last Updated:

1. jaybea830802

jaybea830802 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Over the last few days I have been having problems with ringtones and alerts not working. Which I check the relevant application settings, I see that the name of the ringtone has changed to "Unknown Ringtone". If I try to select any ringtone or alarm sound, I just get a set of fast bleeps until I reset the phone.

I cannot track down the cause of this problem, and I can find nothing from a Google search that seems to be related. I think that the problem is related either to Locale or to a custom ringtone I have applied to a contact. I have not deleted any audio tracks, so they all should be there and as I say, it works fine after a reset.

Anyone else had problems?

J

Advertisement
  2. theperm

theperm New Member

yes I get this, no idea how it happens, all I can do to fix is turn of and on phone. I can't figure out how it happens... I'm lucky if my alarms work 2 days ina row before this happens. A bit annoying if like me you depend on your phone as an alarm clock in the morning.

3. jaybea830802

jaybea830802 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had set some MP3s as contact ringtones and removing these again seems to have solved the problem so far.

J