"Unkown artist" for some of my albums

Last Updated:

1. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have about 13GB of music on my SD card. A few of the albums show up as "Unkown artist" (everything else is correct: song name, album name, album art). It is kind of annoying.

Anyone else have this problem. I have spent a lot of time tagging my music. I know my music is tagged correctly b/c it works just fine in Winamp, iTunes, iPod, Songbird, etc.

Please Help!

Advertisement
  2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

I had this problem with a few albums also. Finally bit the bullet and got the app ALBUM ART GRABBER. Solved all my problems in seconds.

3. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you istolvampire, but I had already tried that. This evening I d/l mp3tagger for Droid. When I used the program and loaded a song it displayed the correct artist. So, I tried saving that song without ANY modifications. I then went back to the Music player and now that song was correctly listed under the artist with the rest of the album under unknown artist.

I don't understand what the deal is. I really don't want to waste time loading and saving all of the songs that are showing "unknown artist" using the phone, especially when there should be no problem.

aarghh...