Unkown Caller/Phone not ringingSupport

Last Updated:

1. quojo

quojo Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone experienced unkown caller showing up on the caller id, and people sayign that they called your phone and it not ringing?

-quojo

Advertisement
  2. ASC

ASC I'm Shy VIP Member

One thing to take a look at is in the contact list for that specific contact is that you didn't accidentally highlight the "Send right to voice mail" check for them.

quojo likes this.
  3. quojo

Thanks dude, but I don't have that option on the DX. All the people that called me says that it rings and rings then goes to VM. But the phone is not ringing.

4. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

Is this a new phone? Was it activated correctly? Can you call out on the phone? What phone number are they calling? Your actual Verizon issued phone number, or a google voice number?

quojo likes this.
  5. quojo

I can call out on the phone, they are calling my vzw #. My phone was activiated properly and I've only got this as of this past weekend, throught last night.

I called VZW today and they said reactivate the phone, but my concern is that i dont know that it is happening until someone lets me know

6. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Does it vibrate, or are you getting absolutely nothing at all? There is a bug that causes it to stop ringing but it'll vibrate instead even when it's not in the vibrate mode, which I had the unfortunate opportunity to experience. I had to do a factory reset and recustomize my whole phone over again to fix it. I'll try to find that thread and post it here if that's what you are experiencing.

Here it is http://androidforums.com/droid-x-su...143830-help-droidx-phone-no-longer-rings.html

It also contains a link to the Moto forums with info/fixes. Nothing worked for me except the reset.

quojo likes this.
  7. quojo

Thanks, I did have the double tap to silence and the turn over to silence set on. Consqently this all started when the phone started giving me problems. I removed both of those options and hopefully i wont have any further trouble.

Many many thanks.

8. esn

esn Well-Known Member

This is happening due to the loss of 3g issue and vzw and moto are aware of the issue and said the fix is coming with fryo that why it is late being released.

9. copdoc1

copdoc1 New Member

Did you get it working? My problem is somewhat similar. When on bluetooth, in car, etc, an "unknown caller" does not go through the BT device so I miss the call completely. The handset will announce "unknown caller", but I can't hear that in the car. I hope 2.2 will fix it. Best luck on your concern.