Unlevel Screen/Border?

Last Updated:

1. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Very strange thread, I know!

The other day I was reading a few stories via the BBC News app and I thought the text appeared to be "slanting" from right to left. I'm not referring to the letters theirself, but more the direction the text was heading in.

I put it down to my eyes being tired or the angle I was holding the phone at.

However, I've since expected the phone very closely (a little too closely perhaps!) and it seems that the right hand side of the black "border" surrounding the screen is slightly thicker than the left hand side. This could obviously give the impression of slanting text at times in the direction I experienced.

I suppose I should note that the above is all extremely minimal and hardly noticeable. I just wanted to know if anybody else had noticed this.

Advertisement
  2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

I have felt, perhaps once or twice, when reading some text on a web page, that it was slightly slanted at the top. But other than that, I haven't noticed it since.

3. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

I've had five Desire handsets in all (various faults/issues) and I did have one that had a noticeable slant so I have seen it, but luckily the one I have now is ok.

4. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Bloody hell, Tef! You're the only person I know who has had more Desires than me! :D

What is the border like on your screens lads? Is it pefectly level? Or is one side thicker than the other? I think the border, if not perfectly level, can give the impression of slanting text.