1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Unlock a 4.2 Nexus 7

1. egernant

egernant Well-Known Member

I am trying to use Wug's toolkit to unlock (not root) my new Nexus 7 running Android 4.2. Wug's toolkit doesn't give an explicit option for a 4.2 Nexus 7. Since I don't need all of the bells and whistles associated with Wug's toolkit, is there an easy way to unlock my device that has been verified with Android 4.2? Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Its a nexus device, so unlocking it is painfully easy

Hook it up to the computer and use fastboot. The command is

Code (Text):
    Fastboot OEM Unlock

Or you can still use wugs. The android version number doesnt matter because its the same to unlock it. Select the "other" option
    egernant likes this.
  3. egernant

noob comment: what is fastboot? Is that a command prompt on the Nexus? Is that where I hold down volume / power or something? Just a little more detail would be great, really appreciate the help.
  4. egernant

Yup, just got Wug's to work for me. I was having trouble with the drivers at first. Thanks for the help.
  5. MrTolk3

MrTolk3 Well-Known Member

Sorry off topic fur a sec. But does anybody know how long it takes for wugs to flash the 4.2 image? I been waiting a half an hour and it went all the way to sending 'system' <477136 kb>... I mean i know it takes a while but damn, this is lame. Anybody know?
  6. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Just received my Nexus 7 yesterday and it came with 4.2. I'm sure I know the answer to this but would like clarification/confirmation. Can I root my N7 that's running 4.2?
  7. CYNICALifornia

CYNICALifornia Well-Known Member

Yes. Wugs will do it no problem. If there isn't a Nexus 7 4.2 option just select any built.
    Rxpert83 and frenchy714 like this.
  8. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Only took a few mins from what I remember