Unlock code from 3 ukGeneral

Last Updated: 2011-05-18 22:44:27
  1. skytail

skytail New Member

Anyone know how much it cost to get the unlock code for the htc desire hd from three uk?

Im just not clever enough to unlock my phone using the xda tip in another thread

regards

Advertisement
  2. swgastro

swgastro Well-Known Member

Normally unlocks from phone providers are around the
  3. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Well-Known Member

All the phones I have had from Three have come unlocked from the outset
  4. CaroleF1

CaroleF1 Member

Hi, just wondered if you had any luck getting an unlocking code from 3, following numerous problems 3 have released us from a contract. I purchased a Desire HD from 3 to put my 3 sim in but signal so poor that I have switched to Vodafone and now need to get the phone unlocked from 3.

The customer service at 3 is awful, firstly 48 hrs, then 5 days then 15 days to get a code.

There seems to be a lot of conflict about whether the warranty will remain if I get my phone unlocked at one of my local mobile phone shops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks
  5. WigglesGRN

WigglesGRN Well-Known Member

If you paid up front for the handset then it is yours to do with as you wish (three should have supplied a sim free handset in this case) also you can call them and pay
  6. CaroleF1

CaroleF1 Member

Thanks for your help, this is the problem the phone is locked to 3, but trying to get the unlocking code from them is a nightmare and the saga still continues with no unlocking code from 3 after being told 48 hours 5 days and then they dropped into the conversation 15 days to get the code.

Been to some local unlocking shops today and it doesnt appear to be that easy to get this phone unlocked as its new - any ideas anyone who would you recommend on line?

Thanks
  7. Usually I would say request the unlock code from your provider first, but since you say they are charging you (which I still find ridiculous), I can suggest our site which allows you to unlock your phone for free upon completion of a free offer courtesy of TrialPay. Please PM me if you need more details.

Good luck!
  8. ajp900

ajp900 Member

i know this is going to sound stupid but have you tried another sim other than three in the dhd as when my parter got hers from them it came unlocked already.
  9. shiv84

shiv84 New Member

Hi
    I'm having same issue with 3. I have HTC desire and upgraded 4wks ago and still no code! They just told me "3 more days "

Can anyone recommend an online site?
  10. george9t8

george9t8 Active Member

Yes!

I bought a phone from ebay locked to Orange. I gave it to a local shop, they initially tried hacking the software but failed. They then sent it in somewhere (to HTC they said) but still no luck. After two days I took it back off them and contacted htccodes.com. My code arrived within 20 minutes and the code worked.

It cost $35, or
  11. cracksquirrel

cracksquirrel Well-Known Member