Unlock Direction in ROMs

Last Updated:

1. mhseris

mhseris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 12, 2010
    So I've been using Aloysius Snow ROM (which I like very much) - and one of the things I like is that to unlock the screen I have to swipe from left to right (and, even better, if I swipe the other direction, I can toggle sound off and sound on - fast way to mute/unmute!). I was thinking of trying a different ROM, just for the heck of it, but I very much do not want to go with a ROM that requires a top to bottom unlock swipe.

The question, therefore, is - which direction does which ROM require for unlocking?

Sorry if this is totally weird - but I'm curious. :p

2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Jan 7, 2010
    All of the Froyo ROMs I have used - Kaos, Nonsensikal and CELB - are the Nexus One lockscreen (swipe left to right to unlock, swipe right to left to change sound profile.) I suspect Tazz does as well. The Vanilla ROM by Tenzo and Zach is that one as well. If the ROM is AOSP/Vanilla, it will probably be using that lockscreen.

The ones built from the HTC frameworks - the xtr series, PlainJane, for example - use the HTC drag down unlock.
    mhseris likes this.
  3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Nov 29, 2009
    The WidgetLocker app will let you set you lock screen however you prefer, regardless of which ROM you're on. It also allows you to put widgets and such on your lock screen - should you so desire.
    WidgetLocker Lockscreen - Android app on AppBrain