• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlock HTC Hero (Telia Denmark)

Jokjaer

Lurker
Jan 6, 2010
My apologies if this topic has already been discussed, but I did not manage to locate any thread answering my question.

I read mixed opinions and facts about HTC Hero unluck, so I really don't understand if it is easy to unlock the phone yourself, or not. I bought my HTC Hero 2 months ago, and would like to unlock it. I'm customer of Telia in Denmark. Anyone know if I can do it myself?

My apologies if this topic has already been discussed, but I did not manage to locate any thread answering my question.

I read mixed opinions and facts about HTC Hero unluck, so I really don't understand if it is easy to unlock the phone yourself, or not. I bought my HTC Hero 2 months ago, and would like to unlock it. I'm customer of Telia in Denmark. Anyone know if I can do it myself?

Hmm, are you sure it's actually locked? I, too, am a Telia Denmark customer. I purchased my Hero about four months ago from Telia and was told that it was already unlocked. Sure enough, it is: I travel to the US for extended stays several times a year and always swap out my Telia SIM for an ATT Pay-as-you-go SIM. It works just fine (though no 3G, due to different bands).

What makes you think that your phone is locked?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones