"Unlock" not showing on slider

Last Updated:

1. Cudda

Cudda Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 19, 2010
    This might be a weird inquiry/question but something happened to my phone recently and I have no idea how to fix it.

Simply put, you know how on the general lock screen, when you slide the lock slider to the right, you see the text "Unlock" as you slide? My text is missing. It's just a sliding bar. However the other side, the sound on/off still has text when I slide it.

Sometimes the Unlock text comes back, most of the time it's not there, and it's kinda annoying to be exposed to such a small bug.

I've even tried resetting my phone to factory in a last ditch effort to get it back, but it didn't!

Any ideas? I might be blowing this up to be bigger than it already is, but it bugs me so much lol.

2. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw VIP Member VIP Member

Jun 13, 2010
    This is a bug in Android. I learned of it when writing WidgetLocker which is a replacement lock screen. In the Android code there's actually a line like this:

Code (Text):
    1. // hint.setSingleLine();  // Hmm.. this causes the text to disappear off-screen
    Meaning someone writing the code disabled that line because they believed it was causing the text to disappear. I reenabled that line and the text stopped disappearing... Very curious.

I think you're just going to have to learn to live with it. You could switch to WidgetLocker (or another replacement lock screen) but that seems like overkill if your only interest was to fix this bug.