unlock pattern question

Last Updated:

1. gwcaton

gwcaton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was talking to a guy awhile ago about his MT3G that he has failed on all his unlock pattern attempts AND can't get in with his gmail account info . What are his options ?
    thanks

Advertisement
  2. gwcaton

gwcaton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Found this on a Droid forum. Work for the MT3G ?

Too many pattern attempts... Locked phone Well, we already had our first hiccup today. My kid decided he wanted to play around with my phone. By doing so, he tried the unlock pattern too many times and it locked the phone.

The phone goes into super lock mode and the only way you can get back into the phone is to log in with your google account. Well, the problem is that even though my google login is correct, the phone is not unlocking.

I'm on the phone with customer service now. We'll see what they tell me. As soon as I know something as to why this is happening with a perfectly good account, I'll let you all know.

Had to do a factory reset on the phone by turning it off and then turning it back on again holding the power and X buttons at the same time. A triangle comes up with an exclamation point in the middle of it, then a menu will come up asking you to wipe to factory defaults. You use the volume up and down buttons to find the menu item you want, then use the gold center button on the keypad to select the item.

Beware, this is a bug and they are looking into it. If you get to the point of "Too many pattern attempts" where the phone is asking you to log into google, you're screwed. You'll have to do a factory reset unfortunately and that means setting up everything all over again.

Once you turn the phone back on from the factory reset, you must re-program the phone. Once programmed, log into your gmail account and you're back in. Hope this doesn't happen to any of you!