• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlock Question

If it's currently under contract, it's actually not allowed to be unlocked (unless that law has been changed)

Nor do we discuss how-to on unlocking to use with any carrier :)

It is not in use. I'm trying to unlock it for my girlfriend with the carrier she has. They allow people to do so. She asked if she was allowed to use it and they said she would have to unlock it first. Also, the phone is not under contract. The phone has already been paid for in full.

Upvote 0
It is not in use. I'm trying to unlock it for my girlfriend with the carrier she has. They allow people to do so. She asked if she was allowed to use it and they said she would have to unlock it first. Also, the phone is not under contract. The phone has already been paid for in full.

Well since it's not under contract that's different then. However though to my knowledge, we can't assist with carrier unlocking.

But google can work wonders though :)

Upvote 0
Well since it's not under contract that's different then. However though to my knowledge, we can't assist with carrier unlocking.

But google can work wonders though :)

Yeah, I've looked there unfortunately and can't find anything on CDMA unlocking. I'll figure it out somehow. Her phone is on its last legs and she still has 250 to pay off before she can afford to try to buy a new phone. I was going to give the One V to her so she didn't have to pay for a new one with the still existing 250 she owes. It would make it easier for her to pay off the 250 on her monthly bill while having a new phone she doesn't have to pay for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones