• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlock Razr MAXX for use in Canada?

I apologize if this has been covered before; I only found one other inconclusive thread.

I am a U.S. citizen headed to Quebec for college for the upcoming academic year. I am looking for a way to have only one phone that I can use on both Verizon and a Canadian provider, depending on where I happen to be at the time. It seems that when I am in Canada, I will be able to temporarily suspend my U.S. Verizon service so that I don't lose my unlimited plan for the breaks and summers. When I come back, I'd like to be able to suspend my Canadian service temporarily.

I would like to purchase a Razr MAXX in the U.S. to use on Verizon's network, and then unlock it to use with Bell/Telus/whoever.

Has anyone had any success with this sort of thing? If you know of any phones that would be able to handle this, please let me know!

Thank you!

Hi,
Razr maxx may be compatible with wind mobile, Umts 2100. However you should check with them first, they use aws1700/2100.
They are a small provider, yes we still have them in canada, and have limited area coverage, so check first.
fyi, if you havent already purchased your verizon phone, ANY phone from T Mobile is compatible with Wind mobile.

Cheers,

B

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones